Thursday, September 29, 2016

Deveny


Hello, this is Dev. I wanted to talk about things in the trip that my dad hasn't mentioned yet:   things like how we all get along, how I communicate with my friends, my teeny tiny backpack that is supposed to hold my entire wardrobe (still not okay with that, Mom and Dad) and what it’s like to travel the world at fourteen.

Okay, so let's start with what it’s like to live with your parents and moody brother for ten months. You have to understand living with your family at home and on the road are two completely different things.  Not saying it's all bad, but it does have its cons at times.  Now I love my brother dearly, but finding his socks on my bed...and in the bathroom..and on the couch does test me a bit.  Being on the road and living in an airbnb doesn't guarantee you your own room, which is difficult after a long day and you just want your own space, but it's all worth it in the end.

I stay connected with my friends through snapchat and instagram.  It's definitely not the same as being with them and hearing their stories about the awful thing we call high school, but it does the job okay.  I wish I could've taken them with me, and whenever I'm out wandering the streets of some foreign country, I often see things that so and so would love or things that so and so would really get a kick out of.  I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't a permanent thing, and before I know it I'll be back in a classroom wishing I were here again, but until then, my friends and I make these...we’re weird, give us a break.






And now the dreaded backpack.  Right now my wardrobe consists of four shirts, two pairs of shorts, one pair of pants, and two dresses. We try to keep it as simple and light as possible, and whenever I buy something I throw something away to make room in the backpack.  You don't know how much it pains me to walk into a pretty boutique in Paris and not go crazy and buy everything. But I have been making plans to come back one day and buy so much stuff I'll have to check a bag at the airport (the horror). Living out of a suitcase does get cumbersome at times, but I try to make the best out of it, and just think, I never have to clean out my closet!.

All in all, I think traveling is the best thing since sliced bread, and anyone who says differently obviously hasn't met my mom and dad.  Travel as much as possible.  I think almost anyone would rather travel the world then go through freshman year in high school. Okay, I think that's all I have to say...for now.
.
#getdevabiggerbag2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment